Terms & Conditions
Please read the below carefully
The contract is made between the company (Scrapco Skip Hire) and the customer (hirer) for the purpose of this service.
No fires – Under no circumstances may fires be lit in the skip. This will cause damage which is chargeable at the full replacement cost of the skip.
Level loads only – Skips must not be overloaded by weight or volume. The company reserves the right to refuse to collect overloaded skips and levy an additional charge for any costs incurred.
ITEMS NOT PERMITTED IN SKIPS
Due to environmental legislation no tyres, fridges, freezers, asbestos, televisions, monitors, computers, laptops, fluorescent/sodium lamps, oils, paints, solvents, chemicals, liquids, gas bottles, clinical/medical waste, food/animal waste, railway sleepers or any other hazardous materials may be deposited in the skip.
MATRESSES WITHIN THE SKIP ARE CHARGED AT £15+vat FOR A SINGLE, £22.50+vat FOR A DOUBLE AND £25+vat FOR A KING SIZE
If plasterboard is placed in the skip, it must be bagged/sheeted and placed on the top of the load. It should also represent no more than 20% of the total volume of the skip content, otherwise a plasterboard specific skip will be required. Failure to adhere to this may result in a further charge to the customer.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- The skip is on hire for 3 weeks only unless otherwise arranged in advance and payment in full will be required before delivery. If it is required for longer, consent of the company is required and an additional charge may be made. YOU MUST CALL US TO ARRANGE COLLECTION.
- The company reserves the right to charge the customer for any costs incurred as a result of a cancellation or substantial variation to an order less than 48 hours before their booking.
- The hirer undertakes to direct at their sole discretion the driver where to deposit the skip. The said driver being for the purpose of such deposit is the agent of the hirer.
- If the hirer requests the vehicle delivering or collecting the skip to leave the public highway, they shall fully indemnify the company in respect of any loss, cost, claims, damages or expenses whether as a result of personal injury or as a result of damage to the vehicle itself or to any property of the hirer or third parties (including driveways/verges etc.).
- The time allowed for loading/unloading is 15 minutes. If the vehicle is kept waiting longer than this the company reserves the right to charge waiting time.
- During the continuance of the contract the hirer shall make good to the company all loss or damage to the skip and/or other items supplied whilst on hire to them from whatever cause the same may arise, (fair wear and tear excepted) and shall also fully indemnify the company in respect of all claims by any person whatsoever for injury to any persons or property caused by or in connection with or arising out of the use of skips and in respect of all damages, claims, charges and demands in connection thereto, howsoever the same may arise.
- The hirer undertakes to fill the skip within the period of hire and to inform the company a minimum of 24 hours before collection is required, or at the time the booking for delivery is made, whichever is the later. Appointments for collection must be made by telephone and confirmed by the company.
- When hiring a skip from the company you are reminded that if it is placed on council property, verges or the public highway it must have cones and lights to highlight the position of the skip to all pedestrians and users of the public highway throughout the hire period in accordance with the Highways Act 1980. In addition, skips placed in such areas must have an appropriate permit from the local council prior to delivery, sight of which the company will demand at its sole discretion. Alternatively, the company can arrange to acquire a permit on request with a minimum of 3-5 days advance notice (according to the requirements of the relevant local authority), the cost of which will be charged to the customer. Lights and cones will be supplied by the company. However, it is the responsibility of the customer to report any loss of or damage to these items, the cost of which may also be passed on the customer.
- The company can accept no responsibility for failure to supply, or for delay in supplying skips which may be due directly or indirectly to any cause or circumstances beyond their control (force majeure) or any unforeseen or abnormal condition.
- The hirer shall not move or attempt to move, the skip from the site or position on the site to which it was delivered unless prior consent is obtained from the company in writing.
- Unless otherwise agreed by the company in writing, these terms and conditions shall apply to all orders placed.
- Only non-hazardous waste is allowed to be deposited within the skip.
- Should any hazardous waste be identified the company reserves the right to leave the skip on site, incurring a further charge to the hirer, until the said waste has been removed by the hirer.
- In the event that hazardous waste is identified after collection of the skip during the waste clearing process, the company reserves the right to charge for non-permitted items found or to return the item(s) to the hirer at its sole discretion. The current fee for processing non-permitted waste is £850 +VAT.
- If charges are not paid the entire skip load will be returned to the original location and tipped. A return charge of £100 +VAT will be incurred.
- The skip and any other items provided remain the property of the company at all times.
- By applying for a skip delivery, the hirer hereby accepts these terms and conditions and understands that he/she is indemnifying Scrapco Skip Hire in respect of any claim whatsoever arising out of the hire.
- Payment is required prior to delivery for non-account customers. Account customers will be invoiced on the last working day of each month with payment terms strictly within 30 days of the invoice date